Here is my 2015 book list; in chronological order. I tracked my physical book shelf for it. See how dedicated I am? because I’m such a nerd that way, haha.
1) The circle – Dave Eggers
2) Think like a freak – Steven D. Levitt & Stephen J. Dubner
3) Love by the book – Melissa Pimentel
4) The power of habit – Charles Duhigg
5) Blink – Malcolm Gladwell
6) Finding Audrey – Sophie Kinsella
7) How will you measure your life? – Clayton M. Christensen
8) The everything store: Jeff Bezos and the age of Amazon – Brad Stone
9) Attachment – Rainbow Rowell
10) Growth hacker marketing – Ryan Holiday
11) The tipping point – Malcolm Gladwell
12) Quiet: The power of introverts in a world that can’t stop talking – Susan Cain
13) The Martian – Andy Weir (Currently reading)
So it looks like I just about achieved my goal of reading a book/month this year!
Twelve, thirteen books per year really are not a lot, if you come to think about it.
Looking at my bookshelf this year, I’m fairly satisfied as I have managed to read books from wider categories (My intention/resolution in the past few years) As an avid chick-lit reader ever since I could remember, I have come quite far for this!
I’m even venturing out into Sci-Fi category! Pretty brave for me, although The Martian could be the first and last Sci-Fi book I read *chuckle* It’s quite interesting, but it requires more efforts than I’m used to when reading. All this Science….stuff. Hey, at least I tried, right?
Somehow I have been drawn to psychology, behavioral economics, and business fields in the past recent years. Perhaps to satisfy my own curiosity that I wish to understand patterns of human behaviors and human minds. It is indeed a fascinating field. My job also requires quite a fair bit of people skills, so I suppose it makes sense that I have become interested; learning it in real life and reading it in my free time to understand human “complexity” better.
My best pick of 2015? I have to give it up to Quiet. Highly recommend. Well-written and well-researched book you wouldn’t wanna miss.
Anyone has Goodreads account? Feel free to add me! Mine is here. I’m brave enough to reveal that I did read Twilight (and did enjoy it back then!) I promise I won’t judge your book shelf 🙂
Cheers for more good reads in 2016!
Gosh, I do sound like one big nerd. A proud nerd it is then 🙂